Senior Network Engineer
Be part of a dynamic, growing IT Company! KLH Consulting, Inc. is based out of Santa Rosa and has been in business since 1980. We serve thousands of clients both domestic and international. KLH has had significant growth over the past 10 years and that growth is accelerating due to our focus on excellent customer service and our focus on our primary vertical markets; Wine, Healthcare, and SMB. KLH is looking for hardworking, intelligent people, that are interested in new opportunities and that want to be part of a culture of excellence.
As a Senior Engineer you will design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze and maintain the IT Infrastructure of internal and external customer environments; including network connectivity and utilization, Windows server administration, virtualization, performance tuning, backup and restore. You will be responsible for the maintenance of documentation pertaining to client networks. You will be responsible for the implementation of projects and for identifying and resolving support issues
- Employ system analysis techniques to create needs assessments, consulting with clients to determine business needs and goals, hardware and software requirements and system specifications. Design comprehensive IT solutions to meet those needs and goals.
- Implement and test client systems as required to meet business and technical specifications.
- Document client systems to facilitate future training and support activities.
- Identify and respond to customer questions, issues and service opportunities.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with clients to ensure that they continue to effectively use IT as a tool to achieve their business goals.
- Manage internal and external resources in tasks relating to scheduling, implementing, and delivering client projects in a timely manner under sometimes demanding time constraints.
- Supervise work of internal resources on client engagements to assure best practices are followed.
- Provide input on the performance of network and desktop consultants as it pertains to client projects and support that will be used in hire/fire decisions and performance evaluations.
- Provide IT services to client on any aspect of their system following industry best practice standards.
- Independently prioritize work and schedules to accomplish client objectives and assure high levels of services and quality of work is maintained.
- Maintain accurate, timely incident report details and client documentation in established ticketing system in accordance with company requirements, policies and procedures.
- Remain knowledgeable in current network technologies to assure the continuing relevance of the Company’s products and services.
- 7+ years of experience with computer networking/consulting industry
- Microsoft Windows 2016 MCSE, MCITP or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls
- CCNA required, CCNP preferred
- VMware Sales Professional (VSP) preferred
- System administration experience with Windows Server 2003 through 2016
- Strong technical support and troubleshooting skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in configuration, implementation and support of Cisco, SonicWall and other firewall technology
- Experience in configuration, implementation and support of system backup software, appliances and services
- Experience in Cloud Computing solutions
- Experience in the deployment and support of Microsoft Terminal Services and Citrix XenApp
- Knowledgeable of current client/server technology. (LAN/WAN, Internet, Messaging, etc.)
- Knowledge of current hardware technologies. (Server, Router, Storage, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Office and e-mail
- Knowledge of current virtualization technologies (VMware, XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Knowledge of NAS & SAN solutions
- Experience in network security technologies
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate project status and key issues effectively to clients and management, verbally and in written form.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Determine work priorities for yourself in accordance with project plans, timelines, fluid work demands, and implementation policies and practices.
- High level of customer focus and satisfaction
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to learn/grow in position
- Ability to think logically
- Excellent time management skills
- Superb problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform work in accord with established company policies, procedures & priorities
Other relevant experience:
- SQL Database Admin
- Network diagnostic and monitoring software
- Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the position. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the position holder. Please email your resume and cover letter to our HR team. We look forward to chatting with you!